BALDWYN | Area children looking to fill their buckets with candy and have a great time will have plenty of opportunities next week.
Several area churches have plans to host Fall Festival carnivals and events to provide a safe avenue for children and parents to enjoy trick-or-treating and take part in fun and games at the same time.
The list below is a compilation of the events submitted to The Baldwyn News. If your church or organization is hosting an event but not listed here, email your information to email@example.com or call (662) 365-3232 and we will gladly help you get the word out to the public.
These area churches and organizations have provided The Baldwyn News with information about their events during the next week:
• East Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Halloween Carnival Wed., Oct. 26th, 6-8 p.m.
• Hillcrest Church of Christ on Wed., Oct. 26th beginning at 7 p.m.
• East Marietta Baptist Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. Trunk or treat followed by carnival
• First Baptist Church Baldwyn Fall Festival will be held on Wed., Oct. 26, 2016 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Free food, games, cake walk, etc.) Costumes welcome (church appropriate)
• First Christian Church in Baldwyn will have a Fall Festival with games, prizes and candy on Wednesday, Oct 26, from 6-7 p.m.
• Mt. Olive Baptist Church will have a Fall Festival on Sunday, Oct. 30 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
• Wheeler Methodist Church will have a Trunk or Treat on Monday, Oct. 31, from 5-8 p.m.
• Friendship Baptist will have Trunk or Treat on Monday, Oct. 31, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
• First United Methodist Church Baldwyn Table of Treats in Christian Life Center, Monday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
• Baldwyn Police Department will be giving out candy to Trick-or-Treaters on Monday, Oct. 31, on Main Street in Downtown Baldwyn beginning at 6 p.m.
• Oak Hill Baptist Church in Blackland will hold a Fall Festival on Monday, Oct. 31, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Games, food, candy and door prizes
• Ruben Chapel C.M.E of Baldwyn (just off Hwy. 45) is hosting a Friends and Family Day on Monday, Oct. 31 beginning at 6 p.m. Everything is free, including lots of games, prizes, food. Bingo will be played for the adults. Everyone is welcome to attend.